It is impossible for me to fully articulate the depth of my thankfulness today. But there is ONE THING that stands out beyond the TANGIBLE and deeply appreciated provisions I have received from God—and that is the bundle of less-visible INTANGIBLES.
- Like the way God lifted a bulging burden…soothed a pulsating pain…and healed a reeling relationship.
- Like the way he brought a man into my life who, literally, obliterated a dark cloud in my life that had hovered above me with an air of permanence for so long.
- Like the crystallization of my life purpose and giving it a road to run on that can only be described as sheer joy, exhilarating gratification, and palpable power from God.
After you thank God today for his tangible blessings in and on your life today—the provisions and comforts—think hard to surface the less-tangible blessings that should be acknowledged on this Thanksgiving day in 2018.
But the MOST IMPORTANT part of Thanksgiving Day is focusing on God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Here’s how that looks for me today:
- I am thankful for Jesus and what he did on the cross at Calvary for me—for all of us.
- I am thankful for his faithful commitment to grab my hand and cradle my heart so I can hand things off to him knowing he understands everything about me and is in control.
- I am thankful for my helplessness because it triggers God’s special power to propel me forward with new and unbridled confidence that is no longer natural but supernatural.
- I am thankful for how God turns my sadness into joy and sustains me to withstand the sad moments that come and go on my journey.
- And finally, I am thankful that we are fortunate to live in the United States with protection from most of the deprivations, hunger, horrors, and fears that many across the globe face. And in recognition of that blessing, this is my Thanksgiving Prayer for 2019:
As the sun peeks over the golden-brown hillside and ushers in another glorious day, may our Lord God be working in the homes and on the streets and in the villages where precious souls right now are living without the love and hope of Jesus. May the afflicted and addicted and all the others in pain or confused about life be led to you, Jesus. May God’s workers be blessed and uniquely prepared to serve these souls, for it is noble…for it is good…for it is a sacred responsibility.
I thank God for his precious gift of life for eternity…for his incredible protection promise no matter what circumstances swirl about our world…for his loving and unconditional hand on my life.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
What are you thankful for today?
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34